This sprint clinic style program aims to help teach kids all the fundamentals of sprinting for team sports as well as athletics. You'll learn starts, acceleration, maximum velocity, and speed maintenance. You'll also learn jumping exercises that correlate with improving all sprint qualities as well. You can attend this clinic for one week or you can attend both weeks during the school holidays. Training will be held at the Blacktown International Sportspark Wednesday and Thursday (15-16 April). And the following week Wednesday and Thursday (22-23 April).
Coach Greg Smith is running the clinic and he has previous experience coaching athletes at Olympics, World Championships, Commonwealth Games levels. He coached an athlete to the current Tokyo Olympic qualifier and is also coaching an athlete who's qualified with the World U20 Junior Qualifier for Nairobi, Kenya this June 2020.
- Runs both weeks during the school holidays from (15-16 April) and (22-23 April 2020).
- Licensed sprint coach Greg Smith
- Speed and Power development
- Wednesdays and Thursdays (4.00pm to 6.00pm)
- Age 7 and up
- A willingness to listen and learn fundamentals and technique.
- Blacktown Sportspark Athletics Centre
- $135 one week or $250 both weeks